Are you planning a hens night? The guest list, the venue and the theme are important but is there anything more significant than the drinks? Drinks are the lubrication that keeps the night moving! Here are ten recipes for cocktails that will get your night going in the right direction.
Perfect for the refined hen that doesn’t like things too sweet. You’ll need 50 ml Amaretto, 25 ml Lemon Juice, 12 1/2 ml Simple Syrup, dash Egg-White, dash Angostura Bitters and Lemon Zest for this one. Then, follow this method:
- Add all ingredients into mixing glass.
- Dry shake for 5 seconds.
- Add cubed ice into a shaker and shake for 10 seconds.
- Fill glass with cubed ice and strain in the mixture.
- Garnish with lemon zest, spreading the oils across the glass.
Pink Fairy Floss
This one’s for the hens that are young, or young at heart, and want to relive the glory days where everything was pink and sweet. Follow this method:
- Place one shot of vodka and one shot of grapefruit juice in a champagne glass
- Mix in some lemonade
- Use a small amount of fairy floss as garnish
- Drop some floss in the glass for extra flavour
Martinis are the classic cocktail, but unless you’re a liquor extraordinaire, they can be an acquired taste. This version is still all class, and the deep red colour is perfect for this day of celebration. Get together 25 ml vodka, 25 ml Chambord, 75 ml pineapple juice and three raspberries, then:
- Put everything in a cocktail shaker with some ice cubes
- Give it a good shake till it’s nice and frosty
- Strain the liquid into a chilled cocktail glass
- Use raspberries for garnish
Passionfruit and Lime Cooler
You can use a tall or short glass for this one, once you’ve picked your vessel:
- Fill it a quarter of the way with ice
- Throw in a shot of vodka or rum (your choice)
- Add one tablespoon of passion fruit and a teaspoon of brown sugar
- Use some fresh lime juice
- Top with lemonade or soda water
Sex on the Beach
A perennial favourite when girls get together to celebrate. You’ll need 25 ml vodka, 25 ml peach schnapps, 40 ml orange juice, 20 ml cranberry juice and orange slice for garnish. It’s easy to make too, just put everything in a cocktail shaker with ice, shake well and pour it into a highball glass filled with ice.
Who doesn’t love mojitos? Do you know what’s even better? Watermelon mojitos. To create this incredible beverage just:
- Fill a quarter or a tall or short glass with ice
- Add a shot of voddie or rum with a tablespoon of crushed watermelon
- Top it off with a squeeze of fresh lime, some crushed mint leaves and a splash of lemonade
This is the ultimate in class, and it’s super easy to make. Just grab a champagne glass, add a tablespoon of peach puree, a touch of lemon juice and top up the rest with either champagne or prosecco.
Everyone knows this cocktail, and it deserves a spot at your hens party. Made famous by Sex and the City this one goes straight to your head:
- You’ll need a martini glass half filled with ice
- Add one shot of vodka and a half shot of Cointreau
- Fill a cocktail shaker with cranberry juice and shake for 2 minutes
- Pour into the martini glass and add a slice of lime
These are becoming among the most ordered cocktails at bars. They add all the earthy taste of whiskey with a sour, sweet flavour that will have you filling up your glass over and over again. Here’s how it’s made:
- Fill a shaker halfway with ice
- Add one shot of whiskey, and lemon juice, as well as one teaspoon of sugar and one egg white
- Shake for two minutes and strain contents into a martini glass
This one is really easy and refreshing. Perfect for when those first drinks have dried you out, and you need something with a bit more kick. So, how do you make it? Just like this:
- ¼ fill a glass with ice
- Add a shot of lime juice and some fresh slices of lime
- Top with prosecco or your favourite sparkling wine
Your hens party is among the most important celebrations you’ll ever get to enjoy. So, why spend that time making and serving your own drinks? Our talented and gorgeous topless waiters are expert mixologists and servers, so you and the girls will always be topped up.
Eye candy and delicious drinks? That’s what every hen deserves.